From:
Kesrael Vacchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:07:02 -0500
I always just use the clear unflavored Pedialyte. I was under the
impression that since it didn't have the fruit flavor, it didn't
contain the sugar used in the flavoring. I could be wrong though.
I checked the bottle I have on hand and here is what is says:

"Ingredients: Water, Dextrose; Less than 2% of: Potassium Citrate,
Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate and Citric Acid.

Pedialyte Provides (per liter): Sodium, 45 mEq; Potassium, 20 mEq;
Chloride, 35 mEq; Dextrose, 25 grams; Calories, 100."

Now, as I said, I could be wrong - I'm not really up on food
ingredients, I don't pay attention to what is in what I eat, in this
way, my animals eat better than I do, I sure pay attention to what
they're eating!! - but I don't think any of this stuff is sugar.
Anyone out there know?

I just wish the unflavored Pedialyte came in the smaller bottles like
the flavored stuff does. To date, the only way I've been able to find
the clear is in the larger bottles. And you're supposed to use them
within 48 hours of opening. With ferrets, I find it nearly impossible
to use such a large amount in only 2 days...

~Tammy - a.k.a. Kesrael