From:
J Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:22:31 -0500
Suki posted to me that loss of fur was hormonal and some other causes
other than diet.

Unfortunately I have to fully disagree with that where I have had diets
of ferrets that did cause loss of fur.  Byte-me loves tomatoes.  I was
feeding her about all she wanted but she lost all her fur from too much
of the red stuff.  I stopped feeding tomatoes and shortly after her fur
began to come back so diet can adversely affect the coats on these
animals.

I do not intend to argue this point with anyone but to express my
findings, you make your own conclusions and good luck for the little
guys you keep.

Gordon, Byte-me and Kodo