Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2007 07:17:32 -0700
Helga, you brought up a great point. We *responsible* ferret owners
will know not to leave these pretty collars on our ferret all the time.

But, someone unaware of the ferrets suicidal nature might not take the
warning seriously. Not long ago we had 4 ferrets in a playpen setting
at PetCo for education. A new volunteer brought a wad of crinkly
plastic for the ferrets to play with.

It was such good fun, until we realized we were sending the message
that ferrets should have something to play with, stash, chew, and
possibly swallow that could be deadly.

The wonderful toy was tossed, even though we knew to be careful and
supervise.

Ardith