From:
"Ilena E. Ayala" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 14:11:49 EST
Today when pouring some of the recycled newspaper litter into the ferrets
litter pan, I noticed something else come out of the bag.  I picked it out
to look at it; it was a piece of soft rubber, about the size of a pea.  Just
what I *don't* want in with my new fuzzies!  IMO, not the mfrs fault,
probably the result of stuff being mixed in at a recycling facility.  I
don't know how common this sort of thing is because I've only been using the
stuff for two days now, but it's probably a good idea to visually check the
new litter you add, if you're using recycled newspaper.  (I don't know if
foriegn objects wind up other kinds of litter, it seems less likely to me.)