From:
FerretCreations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:32:55 -0800
Having read yesterdays post about the letter sent by Fysha Owens.  I'm
not going to say what I feel about her letter; apart from I wish she
hadn't sent it.

I don't believe animals bite for no reason, we may not understand the
reason(s) and there maybe no way of understanding on occasions, why our
friendly ferret suddenly bite.  If a ferret does not usually bite, I'd
assume it was fear that promted the bite.

My eldest daughter is autistic, she has been attacked by a neighbours
cat, that unbelievable launched it's self at her and bite her very badly.
A purely unprovoked attack, while we were in our own yard.  Dogs have
bitten her, dogs tired up outside the shops that have not leaped at
anyone else walking by, have tried to attack her.  My ferrets can't stand
her, and two of the females will bite her as soon as they see her.  My
daughter is in her 20's now and does not live at home, but when she
visits, I keep the ferrets and this daughter separate.  I'm not saying
that animals attack my daughter because she is autistic.  I've seen this
happen again and again as she's visited home of my friends and as she's
grown up.  Most animals fear her, before she's done or said anything.

I wonder if anyone else knows of anyone else that seems to have the same
effect on animals?

Sandy