From:
Amy Sodus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 18:24:34 EDT
>sorry about people having this posted onto the FML but I just waned to
>tell any one who might of scanned through!
>
>Has any one witnessed albino ferretds to be slightly blinder or deafer?
>I have heard rumours about it but minew seems to be fine, he can hear,
>and he can see, possibly not as good sighted!

I have an albino.  There is no difference with him and the other boys in
that aspect.  He is a kamikaze ferret.  (meaning, no regard for height,
distance...) I'm sure there are many other colored ferrets that are like
that.  What I do notice is that his fur is much softer and basically no
guard hairs.  It does take longer brushing him since his fur just mushes
around.  And it takes much longer for his fur to dry after a bath.  I'm not
sure if it's just him, or all albinos.  One thing I'm sure on is the skin.
You have to be careful out in the sun.  His skin, like all albinos of all
species will burn in the sun.  I have prevented him from burning by being
very careful with him when they are outside in the sun.

Amy and the boys