From:
"C.B. Goins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:59:03 -0500
>What do people do with things that belong to their ferrets that have
>passed away??  Such as their ferrets favorite hammock, bed toys and
>etc???  I have had Minnie's things packed away for three years now!!

When Maximilian went to Rainbow Bridge in January, I gathered up all his
toys (he loved squeaky toys), sanitized them, and took them to our county
humane society (a no-kill, BTW).  Funny how the toys had accumulated over
8 years -- I had three LARGE trash bags full of them!  The people at the
humane society were overjoyed to receive such a large amount of toys for
all the little homeless ones.  I just felt that Max would be happy if I
passed his toys on to little ones who were less fortunate.  (His favorite,
naturally, was laid to rest with him, along with his favorite baby
blanket).

Now I'm blessed with Loki (the Romp Machine).  I wanted him to have his
own toys, so I got him a couple of squeaky toys.  Loki isn't Maximilian,
and he proved that by being totally disinterested in squeakies.  Instead,
he prefers the mouse on a string and a little battery-powered truck that
he chases all over the house.  Now I'm on a quest to find out what else
trips his trigger!

Please give consideration to donating the toys that were enjoyed so much
by your precious fuzzy to the little fur babies that don't have anything.
After all, they don't do much good sitting unused in a closet or drawer,
and they are so desperately needed.

When I walked out of the shelter, I looked at the sky and winked.  I knew
Max was dooking and romping all over the fields at Rainbow Bridge, knowing
that Daddy had carried out his wish to share the toys he no longer needed
with his homeless little friends.

C.B. and Loki