Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:40:53 -0500
I have two ferrets ... Lewis and Loki ..  Lewis is one year old and Loki
is about 3 ..  I obtained Loki from a shelter after Lewis..  I have had
Lewis since 8 weeks old..  They have been together about 6 months.  Loki
is pretty mello unless you intentionally wind him up ... and is ( contrary
to the name ) not very mischievous ..  Lewis on the other hand is another
story ..  very hyper ..  can't get into enough or enough trouble in one
day ... lol He contiunously trys to burrow the couch which is reinforced
under the cushions with stapled in carpet ..  BUT , I get tired of his
trying.  So , when I let them out of their room so we can all play
together..  Lewis will eventually get bored and go after the couch ..
I spray him with water... he scampers off , only to return several
minutes later... burrowing again ... So , I end up putting him back in
his room ... I shift all his squeaky toys around before I do ... THis
keeps him busy for awhile picking up his toys and piling them all in the
bathroom by his water dish ..  IN THE MEANTIME, Loki ... is out ..
mosying ( sp ) around ... or sleeping under the recliner ..  ( which is
not used )

All that to ask this...
I am sure Lewis realizes that he is in his room and Loki is out free ...
and for quite some time ... Then I eventually put Loki back in with Lewis
..  Do you think Lewis is jealous of the extra time ??  They had a wicked
knock down drag out last nite ..  no blood or screaming ... but definite
aggression Poor Lewis got dragged a couple yards before I could get in to
break them up ... I got nipped by Lewis ... and he never nips me ... but
lately when I take him off the couch when he is burrowing ..  he licks the
skin between my thumb and index finger... then nips it ... he doesn't draw
blood ... but he definitely gets my undivided "HISSSSSSING" attention ...

Any ideas??

Randy