Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:25:43 -0800
(permission to cross post)

Hey everyone ....just heard about a 2 yr.  old MF neutered sable fuzzie
near Seattle, Washington that needs a new home ....

Here I am, only the second day at my new job and out of the blue an
employee mentions that his son has a ferret that needs a new home because
the son's new apt. prohibits pets.

I have spoken with the ferret owner directly and he sounds like a very
responsible young man who just doesn't have time anymore to play & care
for the ferret because of a demaning new work and travel schedule, in
addition to the apt.  restrictions.  The owner really wants to make sure
his 'buddy' gets a great new home, preferably one with other fuzzie
playmates.

Heres' the info:
MF ferret purchased from a well-known pet store chain almost 2 yrs.
ago One owner - he has all original paperwork and medical records.  Owner
says little guy is in great health, has all updated shots, and comes with
cage, toys, etc.  Owner asking $50.00 but is really flexible about that
I'll bet, if you offer to "take the furkid" off his hands, as if you're
doing HIM a favor you know? ...  He's NOT going to dump the kiddo
somewhere if he can't sell him; said he would definitely take him to a
shelter if that was the case.  Owner says fuzzie doesn't bite but I
don't think furkid is litterbox trained.  (yet?)

To avoid having the fuzzie becoming homeless, I've offered to take him
(the ferret of course) on a TRAIL BASIS over this coming weekend but I'm
doubtful my pair of 5 yr. old fuzzies will accept him because my kiddos
are so darn stubborn and picky about being with other ferrets.

And if this situation doesn't work out I'll have to either take the
ferret back to the guy or to a shelter myself - WHICH IN EITHER CASE I
DON'T WANT TO DO!

SOOOOOOO ... If there is ANYONE in Washington State who would like more
info about adopting this kiddo, (vs. having the kiddo go to a shelter
and wait), PLEASE PLEASE contact me ASAP via either email or telephone
(425-864-2400) and I can tell you more this or put you directly in
contact with the ferret's owner.

THANKS SO MUCH, Jennifer and her dynamic duo