From:
Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 22:57:00 -0600
I read a posting about someone going to the store to get Iams, which
everyone raves about??  Who is everyone?  Iams and no other cat food has
been tested and approved for consumption by ferrets!  Ferrets are not cats,
and I believe those folks feeding their ferrets cat food need to understand
that cat food is designed to be fed to cats, not birds, not dogs, not
ferrets..  Maybe some are similar and maybe some are nutritious to a point,
and maybe some ferrets like food that may not be good for them.  But your
two legged kids would eat snicker bars vs. a well balanced meal if you
let them.  C'mon everyone... your ferrets need guidance as much as your
two legged kids and more.  If you love them as much as you say, feed them
a food that is tested and proven to be good for ferrets in all stages of
life.  E-mail me if you want to know what that food is if you don't already
know.  There is only one.

I am still grieving the loss of my first ferret, Hilarious Harvey, please
forgive my shortness on the food issue.  Mostly though, I want to thank all
of those caring fuzzies lovers for their compassion and concern, and best
wishes to my family and to Harvey.  I have seen several hundred of our
beloved fuzzkids go to the Bridge and it never gets easy.  I always dreaded
the day when Harvey's turn would come and now that it has been here, my
worst fears are over and we move on hopefully very soon.  Bless you all
for the help though this, my worst loss.