Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 01:40:08 -0800
Dooks Gang ~!

Question for some of you breeders (and other knowledgable types out there).

The shelter I volunteer at (Oregon Ferret Shelter) had to do a rush rescue
of a bunch of ferrets from a breeder in Idaho.  Of the group, most seemed
in good health.  A few potential mommas, 1or2 seemed to have some sort of
tumors.  Many, however, were blind.  (Some real sweethearts though!).

I was wondering if the blindness could have been caused by some vitamin
deficiency or additive.  Is it poor nutrition or would it more likely be
genetic?

I would be interested in hearing any thoughts on the matter or if someone
has seen this before.

Warm Fuzzies ~!~!

Kevin B & The Way Kewl Kritter Crew