From:
Tracy Tunnison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 11:16:45 -0500
Hi all!  Sorry I haven't been posting on the show, but it's been busy here
trying to get the show catalog put together.  Finally dropped it off at the
printers yesterday (yea!!!!) so maybe I'll have time now to catch up on my
FML's :)

We now have 282 entries for the show!  I've only heard of one show that hit
300 so this is going to be a biggy!  So, for all you FML'ers planning to
attend, be prepared for a looonnngg day.  We will be running two sets of
rings, so hopefully it won't go real late.

There will be fun matches run throughout the day starting at 11 am.  These
will include paper bag escape, tunnel races, best dressed, largest/smallest,
etc.  Price for these is $1 each and can be signed up for at the show.  If
bringing ferrets into the show hall, please bring proof of distemper and
rabies vaccines.  I would hate for someone to be turned away.....

There will be rosettes for the top 10 in each ring and trophies for best
gib/sprite, hob/jill, and kit hob/kit jill, 6 trophies in all.  GLFA
officials ferrets are shown separate from all the rest to assure there is no
calls of favoritism.  These ferrets do not compete with yours for rosettes
or trophies.

Our raffle looks to be a good one.  The people of Michigan (and elsewhere)
have really out-done themselves with donations.  You do need to be present
to win and the drawing will be held at about 3pm.

On a side note, if anyone out there is planning on attending who doesn't
already have a ferret and is looking to get one, I recently rescued a 2 year
old jill.  She went in for spaying yesterday and got her rabies shot.  She
is extremely lovable with people (and soooo cute!) but unfortunately, I have
been unable to get her to get along with other ferts.  She will attack any
that get too close (I've tried with all different sexes, ages, etc).  So,
she really needs to go to an only-ferret situation.  Maybe she will do
better in the future, when her hormones have settled down, but who knows
now?  So, look up the Mid-Michigan Ferrets table if you're interested.....

If anyone has any questions regarding the show, please feel free to email me
or call me at (517)328-3903.

See you all at the show!

PS: Bill Killian, any luck with Lars?  I've been unable to get a hold of
him...

Tracy Tunnison.....getting ready to judge 120+ ferrets in one day...oh, my!
Mid-Michigan Ferrets and Rescue
"Where the Fun Starts!"
GLFA Show Registrar