From:
"Lisa Leidig - The Ferret Haven \"By-the-Sea\"" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 18:25:43 EDT
Well, it happened - I *finally* found a use for the corner litter pans!

TOY BOXES!  Yes, that's right - toy boxes!  And they serve another purpose,
too - when placed in a corner, the ferrets don't go to the bathroom there!
Okay, so that never changed LOL!

I must have had a dozen of these silly things - universally hated by all
the residents in the house (including humans), and I kept cleaning them and
storing them in the attic as they came into the shelter with another "and
he won't use the litter box, not even in his cage...." ferret....until one
day, I was picking up the toys....hither and yon as they say, and used a
clean corner box to hold them while I picked them up.....and slowly, the
bulb lit and then burned brightly!  I put the box in a corner that some of
the ferrets seemed to think was an appropriate potty spot and Viola!  No
poop, no pee and a place for the toys!  Its now funny to watch as the
different groups come out, they have all learned to go to this corner in
the living room and get the toys out to play.....

So there ya have it  - my latest discovery!

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854