From:
Shannon Crum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 16:25:09 -0800
Dooks to all:

Fuzzie hugs to all sick fuzzies and my condolences to angeled fuzzie
parents.

Well, I have just gotten myself into another situation.  I usually call the
shelters when I feel like my ferrets need a playmate or I just want another
one.  I do frequent the local pet shop because it is the closest place to
get supplies: treats, hammies, vitamins.  Well, I have had my eye on this
one little albino girl for awhile now.

She has been at this pet store for about five months.  I was amazed that
she had not been bought!  She was so sweet and just a very playful ferret.
One day, I decided to bite the bullet and go buy her.  When I got to the
pet shop, she was gone.

In a way, I was relieved that someone had bought the beautiful little girl.
Then, the lady came out from behind the counter with another baby.  This
one was only six weeks old.  Well, I decided to take him.  I did not want
him to live the lonely life of a lone ferret in a tiny cage.  I slapped
my money down on the counter and brought him home.

He is the most adorable little Silver Mitt.  I tested him with squeaky
toys and snapping my fingers: he can hear great!  I named this little boy
Bailey.  He has had the biggest day: a new daddy, a new home, new brothers
and sisters & a first vet check.  Boy, is he tired.  He is currently curled
up in his blankie.

All our current residents wanted to see and sniff the new baby.  Everyone
tried to climb my leg to get to him.  I let them sniff, but always careful
to separate if they got too rough.  My oldest guy, Sonny, really loved the
new baby and started to bathe him.  Maybe he will be a surrogate dad to
Bailey.

I only had one problem with an older ferret attacking Bailey.  Felicia, my
oldest gal, kept grabbing Bailey by the head and trying to shake him.  I
think she is jealous of someone getting her attention.  I have decided to
set up Bailey's cage and let Sonny be his cagemate.  They seem to go so
well together.

Maybe when he gets older, he can share playtime, and the big cage, with the
big kids.  Until then, they will just get supervised sniffing through the
cage or in my hands.  I will have my page updated soon with pics of Bailey
and his cage.  Any advice of raising such a young kit is welcome.

Thanks,
Shannon and the Web Weasels!
  Bailey, Sebastian, Molly, Felicia & Sonny.
http://www.geocities.com/cyberfuzzie