From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 07:19:18 -0800
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and is enjoying the crazy shopping
deals!  I, however, am staying far, far away from the mall.

Anyway, Gizmo had a good and bad vet visit.  His pear shape is due to fat,
not fluid, so that's good.  But his heart is enlarged, that's bad.  We had
some bloodwork done to tell us if that's due to the excess fat or heart
disease or something.  Still waiting on results.

The GREAT news is that his blood glucose is 69!  That's the highest it's
ever been, and up from 57 six months ago!  So at least his insulinoma is
under control for now.

More bad again, the hairloss is most likely a recurrence of the adrenal
problem.  Vet was surprised it's so soon.  The left adrenal was completely
removed in Feb.  '99 and the right was atrophied at the time.  Sigh... I
don't know what to do about that.

Giz is at least 6 years old, maybe as old as 8 (we got him 2nd-hand :-)).
He's been through so much already.  I know I'm not ready to let him go yet.
I've got to keep fighting for him.  But the age and another surgery (which
is gonna cost a bundle, not to mention be for the more difficult right
adrenal)... I just don't know where to go from here.

But he seems fine, he's active and cuddly, and he still snuffles me when I
hold him.  We snuggled on the couch the other nite to watch TV while the
other monsters wreaked havoc around the apt.  If I could have one Christmas
wish this year, it would be for a healthy Gizmo.

=====
Aileen & the Herd
Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy

"It is a shameful thing that you should mind these folks
that are out of their wits." -Martha Carrier, condemned Salem 'witch'