From:
"Mason T. Weinrich" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 10:02:45 -0400
Dear Freinds -

A follow-up to yesterday's post on Slinky's condition -

The CBC count came back at over 20,000, indicating a clear case of advanced
lymphoma.  Things look way too advanced for surgery to do much good at this
point, so we are putting him on prednisone to help his discomfort.

Unfortunately, I know this realistically means that we are just looking at a
matter of time (and not much at that), but I can't see putting him through a
surgery which has a low chance of any success, or the discomfort of a full
chemo, when things are already advanced.

Its a very hard day for me...

Cheers - Mason