Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 04:23:29 EST
Hey everyone, another pile of things to go through.  I only get to
check/write mail every couple of weeks now so please forgive the sudden
bursts from my lil corner of the world.

I read a few posts on the SOS raffle, no not all, just a few, so all I'm
going to say is kudos and thank you to the person who won and donated
all that money to the shelter.  You should be proud and never have to
apologize (at least *I* caught the drift that he'd apologized, if not,
then *I* apologize for getting lines crossed = ).

I've also been reading about "bulldog" ferrets.  I dont think I've ever
seen one, but I do have a particularly LARGE ferret (Boomer, who I adopted
thanks to Julie Fossa..  if you're out there, maybe YOU could tell me if
he is or isn't).  He doesn't really have a "smooshed nose" but he is large
an short legged an walks with a "swagger".

I also want to thank whoever on earth came up with wood pellets.  We
switched to those after getting more ferrets, and THEY'RE WONDERFUL!
We use so much less than commercial litter, the smell isnt bad, and it
doesnt stick to the pan!  We still have to clean the pan every day, but
who wouldn't with 7 ferrets and only 1 big pan and one small?  Besides
cleaning it is MUCHO easier now!  (Look at me, excited over litter lol)

Udder Balm... I've seen different kinds...just a heads up..stay away from
"BAG BALM" ... same kind of product, but with a strong mentholatum type
smell (same texture as well).  Comes in a square tin that's green with
roses and a cow on it.  I've seen it in a white tube, cream texture, no
smell.  Make sure to ask an employee about the smells before you buy!

About the "animal furs/pelts"... Come on guys, I love animals to death,
I cry when I read about one dying, I've had many of my own die, and It
literally makes me sick to see or even hear about animal abuse, BUT...
what do you think we used to make clothes out of before cloth and
needles..Leaves?  Bark?...animal furs wont be outlawed in the U.S. any
time soon.  Neither will taxidermists, neither will sport hunting.  Dream
On!  Of course, as for the poor lil critters killed JUST FOR cheezy,
gaudy pelts and wraps...That's just sick.

Ok one question before I go.  Mischief seems to have trouble using his
rear legs.  He slips, and it seems they're rather weak.  I saw him just
kind of fall on his butt today.  He also has a hard time climbing in
regards to boosting himself up with his back legs.

Oh...and I'm still looking for ferret quilt patterns..Heather, I'd still
like to get those from you, but I've lost your email address.  As soon as
I get it I'll send you my mailing address so I can get the templates you
mentioned if the offer still stands!

See you all in another couple weeks!
-Sarah
WV