From:
Mary McCarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:14:41 -0800
Hi Jennifer,

>I was just wondering out of curiousity if the AFA has certain criteria
>that vets must meet to be put on their list of ferret vets....

Thank you for asking!  The AFA Vet Listing is a membership perk for our
member vets.  So to be on the list, they have to be an AFA member.

For other vet listings, you can try:

http://miamiferret.org/fhc/
http://ferrethealth.org/vets/

I don't know what the criteria is for these vets, other than being
recommended by a ferret-owning client.

> ... Anyway I noticed that neither of the two ferret vets I've gone to
>are on the list, and I didn't know if it is something where the vets
>just fill out

They can join the AFA on-line at
http://www.ferret.org/shopping/membership.htm or print out the membership
form and mail it to us or they can contact the office directly at
1-888-FERRET-1.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Mary McCarty-Houser
Vice President, American Ferret Assn
www.ferret.org