Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 2010 01:39:34 -0700
Hello,

First of all thanks for the warning. But I do have to ask why you are
using Carefresh for ferret bedding? It is safer and more cost effective
to just put soft bedding in their cage, such as receiving blankets,
fleece, old sweatshirts, round beds, provided there are not strings or
worn spots that ferrets can get caught on. Ferrets love to snuggle in
soft things just like humans.

Most petstore ferrets are sadly put in enclosures that have Carefresh
in there. I can understand for safety and sanitary purposes why they
do this, however most ferrets I have gotten from a petstore that were
in these enclosures with Carefresh came home with itchy skin and the
sneezes. After a time without it they did just fine.

Hope I was a bit helpful. Not meaning to be pushy at all.

JoAnn
Ferret Friends, Inc