From:
"Marlene B., Richmond Ferret Rescue" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:18:22 EDT
Our 90+ shelter kids would like to say "Thank you" for the support and
kindness offered to us from SOS and from other FML'ers.

The Richmond Ferret Rescue League has taken in a record number of ferrets
since July 2nd - 127 ferrets.  Thankfully, we have 3 locations that work
as one shelter, so that these kids can be assured of more individual
care and time when housed under 3 roofs.  Our adoptions have been pretty
steady, but when we received 24 unspayed females ( who also needed
distemper vaccines, etc) we could only hope and pray that we could make
it work.  Luckily for us, we have an incredible veterinarian who accepts
payments whenever we can afford them.  We currently have over 20 adrenal
ferrets between the ages of 6yrs - 12yrs, 14 insulinoma kids, and a few
odd surgeries coming up.  We still have a few spays left to do, but then
we have been busy preparing for the past 4 weekends for the series of
hurricanes which have left Richmond, VA.  a disaster area.  Gaston left
us with the most damage, completely flooding downtown Richmond and
causing water damage to 2 of our shelter locations.  Someone is looking
out for us, though, as none of our locations lost power for any extended
time, and we continue to place ferrets in new homes seven days a week
(Thanks, Tracie!!!).

Thank you again, SOS and readers, who might have wondered why we might
need a little help.  It's literally been raining "ferrets and jills"
here in

Virginia!!
Dooks from all,
Marlene Blackburn, Tracie Belongia and Nancy Clarke
Richmond Ferret Rescue League
Richmond, VA.
www.rfrl.net