From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:55:22 EDT
My BFF adoption package arrived and now I have officially adopted a
very special BFF named Peanut! What a handsome guy! He is going to be
in the BFF breeding program and the girl ferrets are going to go WILD
over him! How could they resist those big beautiful eyes! Peanut
actually looks like he's smiling in the photo (they probably told
him about the breeding program). Peanut's mother is now being
"preconditioned" in prairie dog burrows before being released into the
wild... how exciting is that! Incredibly his father died in the 1990's
and his mother was artificially inseminated. What those folks are doing
at the BFF Recovery is AWESOME!! To read about their work you can go to
http://www.prairiewildlife.org
AND you can adopt a BFF too!

This "adoption" is very special to me because I was adopted and I
have 5 adopted daughters, 2 from China and 3 from Cambodia. I have
also adopted many ferrets through the years but this is my first
Black-Footed Ferret! This special adoption helps a program that brought
BFF back from the edge of extinction...truly awesome and wonderful!!

Nancy,
who belives that adoption changes the world for the better