From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 2009 13:04:28 -0400
It was early morning at the Bridge, and No. 421 had just come off the
night watch. He was sitting down with his oatmeal and was drizzling
ferretone over the top, when there was the sound of feet on his porch,
and someone was knocking on the door.

Oliver, No. 421's currier was standing there with a Receiving Ticket
in his paw.

"Hi and a Good Morning to you," Oliver said. "We has an unexpected
ferret crossing today. The Receiving Angel just summoned me to the
gate. Boy that looks good, have you got any more?"

No. 421 told Oliver to sit down and he went to the cupboard to fetch
another dish. He always cooked a little extra, because Oliver always
seemed to show up around mealtime.

"Pull up a chair," No. 421 said. "I cooked a little extra. Who is
coming over today?"

Oliver finished pouring ferretone on his oatmeal and was reaching for
the honey. One thing about Oliver, he always brought his appetite with
him.

"His name is Tucker, and he is bringing a few supplies to hold him over
incase we can't find his family," Oliver said. "He has a full tube of
ferretvite, a can of peanut butter crunch, and his toy hedgehog. He be
looking for Gizmo, Rocky and Nibbles, and the rest of the rescues. The
Receiving Angel said he needs green wings to match his eyes, and we has
to be careful not to get his little white toes dirty."

"That is a mouthful," No. 421 said. "Let's have breakfast then we will
see to Tucker."

The two friends just finished their oatmeal when there was a tap on the
door. Bluebird was there, and she had MJ and Oracle with her.

"Oliver left the gate so fast, the Receiving Angel did not have time to
tell him to find these two family members to welcome Tucker," Bluebird
said. "I was just getting up, and stretching my wings when I heard the
RA calling for Oliver. I had seen Oliver rushing past so I went to see
if I could help."

The four ferrets walked up the path to the bridge and just settled down
when the sound of footsteps could be heard in the distance. A dark
sable boy with a gray tail and a white bib came across the bridge. He
dusted off his snow-white toes, and shifting his backpack said, "Where
am I? Wait a minute -- that you MJ? Hey Oracle, that you? Hey Buddy --
how you doin," Tucker said.

No. 421 stepped forward and said, "Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge. This
will be your home forever until your human mom comes for you. It is my
job to make you happy and see to your personal needs."

"Hello, Mr. No. 421." Tucker said. "I am happy to have arrived safely,
and without much ado. I was hoping you would have my wings ready for
me, but I can wait until I get settled in if that is more convenient."

No. 421 said he would see to the wings tomorrow, and right now, he
would like to get him settled in with MJ and Oracle.

The five ferrets started off to the Field of Dreams and down to the
far corner where there was a complex of several mounds where several
of Sara's rescues had made a home.

"Tucker can live with me and Oracle," MJ said. "We will start building
his mound tomorrow, and he can design it just the way he wants."

Tucker strolled over to Oliver and asked if he could send a message
home to Munchkin. Munchkin would be worried about him.

Oliver called the Shooting Star who said she would be happy to visit
Munchkin tonight and leave the message.

Tucker said, "Just tell them I have arrived at the Bridge, everything
is fine, I have met up with MJ and Oracle, and I will begin building
a mound tomorrow after I get my green wings. When the next of Sara's
fuzzies arrives, we will be all set up. Love and Dooks. And oh yes,
tell Mom not to cry, I still love her, and I'll we waiting for her
when she gets here."

Shooting star left on her mission, and Oliver and No. 421 started back
to No. 421's cabin, where the two friends sat down to some ferretone
tea and honey-dipped raisins.

No. 421 wrote in his logbook, peaceful arrival, very businesslike, has
it all together, a no fuss type of ferret, family found, and message
sent back, mission completed.