From:
Kit West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 17:17:50 EDT
I know the owner of the ferret used on the Letterman Show.

At rehearsal, the water was poured *around* her, not directly on her.  When
they went live, it was a different matter.  This was not what had been
agreed to!

The owners took custody of her and while drying her off, comforted her.
She was not injured by this and is doing very well.

The owners called and gave Mr. Letterman "what for" and he apologized.  I
understand that he also apologized on the air.

Personally, I hope the ASPCA does decide to press charges against him.
This was completely out of line.  There are enough fuzzies out there who
would have enjoyed a dip in a shallow pool (we have a swimmer here, in
fact).  That would have been a good "wet the weasel" IMHO.