From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 08:15:20 -0500
Marcy,

Our flashlight game is great!  They go nuts trying to catch this dot of
light.  I don't know if they think its a ball or what.  Its just so cute
to watch.

My husband has been hounding me to agree to another ferret.  We have 2
now, Pepper & Salt, both 5 1/2 months.  Having another little one sounds
great to me, I've just got some things holding me back.  I know a lot of
you out there have more than 2 (and not from the same litter/age group)
babies running the household, so could you give me some advice.  Below
is a little list I have of pros & cons.  Can you add or delete from this
list?

PROS
~~~~
1. Apartment is totally ferret-proofed;
2. Ours are young enough to have a young, playful one added to the
family;  3. The things we have to accomodate 2 would easily work for 3
or even 4.

CONS
~~~~
1. Will they get along???  Salt & Pepper are as close as sisters - I
don't want to get a new one and have her the outcast;
2. We both work and our 2 babies have the run of the apartment (minus
the rooms with doors and the kitchen).  How do we seperate the new one
since she won't be litter trained or been around enough for us to trust
with the whole apartment.  It took about a month before we let the
little ones have the run.  We gave them a little freedom at a time until
they worked up to where they are now;
3. We only have one cage.  Salt & Pepper sleep in their cage at night &
for naps.  What do we do with the new one?  It really is sensless to buy
another cage for one ferret when we have one big enough for all of them.

I think #2 of the cons has me worried the most out of everything.  I
just don't know how we'll seperate them until they all can be together
all day.  I don't want to keep them all in a cage together while we're
not there (until I know they get along), but also, that wouldn't be fair
to Salt & Pepper.  They're used to the freedom but keeping them from
their cage wouldn't work either since they sleep in there and their food
& water is in there.

Any and all advice/comments welcomed!!

Michelle