From:
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 09:27:27 -0700
>From:    Deana Beek <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: can teeth tell age?
>Can you tell a ferrets approximate age by looking at the teeth?

Yes.  But not extremely accurately.  Care of the animal can mask true age
either bad or exceptionally good.

If your ferrets is three, I would expect to see the teeth starting to go
from a good clear white to a more grey that later will be more translucent.

Three is the basically mature but not yet geriatric.  Kind of like a 30-40
human.  Slowing down but still able to wrestle with the younguns.

If you know the age of others use the going from white to clear as guide.
They've been eating about the same for the last 6 months anyway.

>Subject: Scam Company (RIP-OFF)

I'm getting quite tired of the down right nasty attitude some folks are
taking on this list.  The words used here are a bit too harsh.  If you don't
like their prices point out that you can get the same cages cheaper
elsewhere.  Calling them crooks is too harsh.  Scam and rip off are key
words for crime so you are accusing them of criminal type activities.  I
don't think they've committed any crimes.  There are many companies that act
as middle men.  Its not a scam.

While on this topic, I know that Mr. Rudich has a brusk style but he did not
say things as meanly as some of the responses I'm seeing.  The FML is
probably not as good a mail list as it used to be in some ways.  Signal to
noise ratio is getting worse for want some want.  Others feel differently.
Fine.  He had his say but isn't continually harping on it.  Folks I like are
on both sides of this issue and it is not fun to watch people getting ugly
on both sides.  Quite a few good ferret people will not get on the FML
because of the silliness they'd have to wade through to get to information.

I don't normally insert myself in threads like this but I can no longer
recommend the FML as a primary source of information on ferrets - too much
ugliness.  I know far too well how far some will take it.  The ugliness is
worse in "private" email off of the list.  Accusations of every imaginable
kinds are going on.  All because people disagree.  There is NO person on
this list who knows everything.  Very little of the discussion here is not
opinions.  Everyone is allowed opinions.  BIG has set this list up to allow
a lot of expressing of opinions.  Lets let people have their say and not
make snide remarks constantly about them.

Thank you Paul Webster for such a nice way to say your opinions by the way.

bill killian
mailto:[log in to unmask]
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.zenferret.com/