From:
Milliesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2010 11:03:24 -0500
OOH................we've already had some of the people we recommended
contacted and the show has appointments with Nancy to do her certified
therapy ferrets (2 of the Rainbow ferrets) and her little Toast who was
set on fire by some kids.....

I have several that are just good ferret owners who I think would
be good to interview. This is not about rescue, this is about
personalities and things ferrets do just as they did the dogs and
cats 101s.

This will be a great chance to get the public interested in ferrets BUT
it is also a needy time to education people even more as to what they
are getting into and all ferret rescue groups need to really bear down
filtering their applications so we don't become a pet store releasing
ferrets to just any flipflopper who will lose interest in a month.
Something we really really emphasize to people here is ferrets are NOT
good caged animals - they can be caged for their safety at times but
mostly they need out time to investigate, to stimulate their minds, to
play with toys (trading them out to keep boredom down), and they need
their people involved in their play.

Millie and her ferrets and Danes
www.txferretrescue.org