From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 09:40:17 -0500
To Rat and any fuzzy who doesn't like needles, from Rusty:

Pam and Bob took me to the vet earlier this week, too.  I don't know
exactly what we were there for, but as soon as they put me on that
cold metal table, the tip of a bottle of Linatone appeared before me.
Somebody pressed something chilly to my chest and then tickled my
ears.  The worst part was when I got picked up, away from the
Linatone, but then somebody petted me all down my body, so that was
okay.  Then it was back to the table and the treat.  I think that's
when a big fly must have bitten me on the flank, but I hardly noticed.
Then the Linatone went away, so I climbed back into my duffel bag and
we went home.

(Pam's note: If your vet gives vaccinations in the neck area, see if
s/he will give them in the flank instead -- it's been much easier for
both our ferrets, especially when they're distracted by a lickable
treat.  After we brought it once, the vet sarted asking all his ferret
owners to bring some Linatone or another treat to vaccinations.)

- Pam Greene  <[log in to unmask]>
Ferret Central - <http://www.ceas.rochester.edu:8080/ee/users/rhode/index.html>
Ferret FAQ - GET ANSWERS PACKAGE FERRET in mail to <[log in to unmask]>