From:
Suzanne Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2012 12:59:36 +0100
Dear All,

Hello and how are you all? Lovely to meet you all and I've got a
question for you.

My eldest ferrets, Charlie and Sapphy are 2 years old and my youngest
are Willow and Jasmine, nearly a year old. It's taken a long time to
get them together, Charlie and Willow being boys were fine but Sapphy
didn't like Jasmine for awhile. The problem now is that Jasmine is
determined to boss everyone and whereas Charlie and Willow allow
themselves to be dragged by her or they hiss at her, Sapphy won't. This
results in screaming matches and biting that last until I split them
up. I've tried everything, ferretone bribery (Jasmine would rather bite
Sapphy than have the ferretone!!!), cuddling and mixing both smells,
keeping Jasmine on a leash and harness when out and I use the positive
reinforcement way of training. The two boys are fully spayed and both
girls had the des implant a few weeks ago. Having seen some of the news
on here since about the implants, I will keep an even closer eye on
them.

However, every time they are out and sometimes in the cage, Jasmine
will scream and chase Sapphy which has resulted in Sapphy becoming
very depressed and tired. When they have different time out, Sapphy
war dances and plays like mad while Jasmine rattles the cage and
desperately tries to get out. When they're out together, Sapphy just
sits in my lap and sleeps. Yesterday, I put Jasmine in a separate cage
to give the other three a break. Jasmine kept trashing the cage and
hardly slept so I put her back in with the others and she was fine.
Jasmine is very intelligent but seems to prefer playing with just me
and not the others

Has anyone seen this sort of behaviour before? I've heard the FML is
THE place to get the best information and I look forward to hearing
from you.

Love and Dooks,
Suze Weatherhead