From:
Katherine Robson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 02:16:25 -0500
Hello,
        My name is Katherine Robson (I'm the one with the faulty
e-mail address), and with Pam Greene's support I would like to make a
proposal to all those ferret groups, shelters, and REPUTABLE Breeders
out there.

        I've only been on the FML for a short time, but I've noticed
a lot of requests for breeders and shelters and information on
ferrets. My idea is that I would get in touch with all the groups
that are out there and format a ferret group index for Pam's Web page
and also make a file that I could ship out on the new group every
once and awhile. This idea includes groups who are on and off the
Internet and I don't particularly care about particular
politics-(people will figure that out on their own).

[Moderator's note:  The fine S.T.A.R. database by Pam Grant is
available from the server - ask for FERRET DATABASE.  In fact, it's
just been updated today.  Kathy may or may not have something else in
mind (Kathy?) but no sense reinventing the wheel perhaps if it's what
you had in mind. BIG]

        I've noticed that their are a few groups the post on the FML,
so if you would like to have me do a page for you, than you can
e-mail me for further details-(my proper sig is
[log in to unmask]). I know their are two groups that have their
own pages, but if you don't have the time, I could do it for you.
THIS IS TOTALLY FREE! My interest here is purely the ferrets and the
necessity to spread information about them.

        The idea behind this is, someone who owns ferrets out in
LA-LA LAND and has access to the Internet can read the Web pages or
the news groups and find that there is a group for ferrets in LA-LA
LAND too, and perhaps that will inspire them to get involved with the
group, through funding or just simply getting their next ferret from
a shelter!

        If you know of any groups that are not on the net, than email
me their address and I will contact them the old fashioned way and
ask them if they would like to participate.

        The whole idea behind this is spreading the word. If we don't
know there's a group out there, how can we support them?! And
besides, this will help us in our networking to get ferrets legalized
everywhere!

        If you are interested, and I hope you are, or if you just
have more questions than please contact me at [log in to unmask]
and I will answer all your questions!

Thank you for your time!
Kathy