From:
SCN User <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:46:05 -0800
Monty is huge!  The other night I saw him run to the tunnel and dart
inside--for a few inches, and then pull back outside.

He turned around in a circle and tried again--rushing inside and stopping
before he got all the way in.

And he hasn't tried to go in his beloved tunnel since.  Poor winter guy--
he is just Too Fat to Fit.  I am amazed at his size--his hips are wider
than my hand span and my husband describes him as being "as fat as a
skunk."

He has the longest, thickest, softest fur, as well and looks completely
different from his summer weight except for his sweet expression and the
black stripe which has re-grown down his spine.

Poor Madison--he's gained a little and fluffed a little but he's not as
big as his brother.  If ferret size correlates with a bitter cold winter,
looking at Mr. Montgomery we should all be afraid...very afraid...

Kate, Monty and Madison