Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 19:29:42 -0700
Hello,
I am urgently looking for help as one of my ferrets suddenly came down with
a fever and was not responding like normal.  I have taken my ferret to the
vet and they started him on a antibiotic called "Amoxicillan" which did
nothing to reduce the fever.  My ferret is running a fever that is staying
in a range of 105 degrees, has also run a sonagram and shows no blockages,
no liver problem and only visible signs other than green mucus diarrea.
Also has checked for the ECE, flu and corona virus and blood work shows no
white blood cell elevation and all other seems to be normal.  I am very
confused and concerned about the health of my ferret.  Anyone has any
information on ECE testing, something were not picking as cannot find any
information at all and everything seems to lead to this or common flu?

Please help as this ferret has been running a fever for about 4 days and I
had hopes that the vet could of reduced the fever ,

thanks and also I do have another 5 ferrets but no other ferret show any
symptoms, say a prayer for my little one.