From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 13:49:10 -0500
<http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_west_cincinnati/colerain/colerain-family-rescues-dozens-of-ferrets-rabbits-rats-after-house-fire>

Ferrets in house fire in Cincinnati:

A very nice family in Cincinnati has taken in the 13 ferrets from the
house fire (article link above). They do animal rescue, but aren't
particularly versed in ferret care, so Cindy Scheidt and Ann Church are
going to visit these people and the ferrets today. Cindy is bringing
them litter and food and Ann is bringing them extra cages and bedding.
A couple of the ferrets are at the vet for smoke inhalation issues - no
word on them yet. The others seem fine. They say one female is bald and
Ann will bring her back to her shelter for vet care (no big surprise
what that is....).

Cindy and Ann will call me this evening and let me know what they need
to care for the ferrets. They have expressed a desire to keep the
ferrets and adopt them out themselves, so Cindy and Ann will offer
assistance on screening potential adopters, bring them adoption forms
etc. to facilitate this process. First things first though, and that
is evaluate the ferrets and get them into suitable, long term housing,
making sure they have water bottles, food, show them how to clip nails
and clean ears and see how a play area can be set up for the ferrets.

After assessing their needs Cindy and Ann will call me and give me a
status update.

I've asked a few close friends if they have some used (or new) bedding
to donate so I think I have the bedding part taken care of. At this
point all we know for sure is that they will need assistance with vet
care for the ones that are being seen today by their vet.

Will keep you all in the loop - just wanted to let everyone know that
contact has been made with these people and that some assistance is on
the way.

Lisa O.