From:
Sarah Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 09:02:42 -0600
Hey, there!!

I really want to express my appreciation to all those who take the time
to write and share their knowledge about ferrets.  This "forum" is truly
invaluable.  I certainly enjoy those stories concerning how their ferrets
play, and sleep dead, and work (as in picking up their toys behind
themselves).

With regard to the lady caring for 150 ferrets, she is to be truly admired,
as long as she keeps cages clean and the ferrets well-fed.  Why can't some
of you in the Sandy area go give her a hand, or give her some money to
help??

Well, I had the distinct pleasure of conversing with Debi Christy with
Ferrets First Shelter over the phone the other day.  Debi, I truly
appreciate your heartfelt concern for Felicia and Bandit.  I am absolutely
amazed at what you are willing to do to make sure these two little babies
go to the right place.  We can hardly wait to meet you.  I await your
arrival, as does fatfurrbuttt Portia, Green Max, and Stela the
socked-toe-nibbler.

Now, I have two questions.  1.) I take Barley Green, Just Carrots, and Redi
Beets in my orange juice every morning.  I was reading some literature
about the Redi Beets (it is a whole food, not an extract), and read that it
will actually prohibit tumors in animals.  I got some wonderful literature
from a Brenda Miller the other day concerning the fact that ferret food
MUST be meat based.  What about giving Redi-Beet juice, as a vitamin type
supplement?  Not a lot, just a drop or two.  I know that a ferret's
digestive system accomodates meat more readily, as per Brenda's and Bob
Church's information, however, since the juice is absorbed almost
immediately, I was thinking that maybe I might be on to something here.
Any ideas or feedback would be welcomed, and please reply to this forum, in
order to help others.  2.) What about using Revolution, the heartworm and
flea treatment for cats on our furrbutts?  Any thoughts would be welcomed
as well.

Finally, a big hug and thank you to BIG man for doing such exceptional
work.

Fondly,

Sarah, proudly owned by Portia the fattfurrbutt (mom, can I puleeeeeze have
another newtie, huh??, "oooooo, ok", thanks, mom, waddle, waddle, waddle),
Green Max (green, green, gimme ANYTHING green...), Stela the
socked-toe-biter (now, lemme show you how I can steal socks from feet...),
and anxiously awaiting "alpha" Felicia and gentleman Bandit....and all
living in Louisiana where it is legal.....