From:
melissa hooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:36:19 -0500
Denise wrote...
>But, a word of caution - I personally think that sanctuaries need to be
>watched more closely than a shelter.  "No one ever goes in; no one ever
>comes out." Shelters have potential adopters coming in, hopefully,
>rather regularly.  Maybe not the same people, but there are people
>coming and going none the less.  A sanctuary doesn't have the potential
>adopters.  And that's fine.  They've made that choice.  But someone
>needs to stop by.

Denise, not trying to stir up anything, either, and certainly no need for
the flame-retardant pants with this post...just wanted to let you know
that ZFS has an open door policy regarding guests...anyone may feel free
to stop by for a visit, and Cathy actually encourages people to 'come see
for themselves'.  There have been many visits by many members of the
ferret community, both members of FML and other ferret boards...all with
glowing reports of conditions and love at ZFS.  If you are ever in the
area, I'm sure she'd love for you (and/or others) to drop by and meet
the babies! :)

Melissa