From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2007 02:25:25 -0400
I don't mean to be a hater to anyone I just thought I should put my 2
cents in about the show.

I was watching it as though I'm thinking about getting a ferret and
wanted to learn more about them. I didn't care for the show because
it made ferret owners seem like a bunch of fanatical nuts.

A family member who was watching the show with me couldn't believe some
of the things that people do with their ferrets' remains. Especially
the woman who said that she has a deep freezer and stores her and her
friends' ferret in there until they can get a discount on cremation.
The thing that shocked this member was when the lady said that she
diveys up the remains by how many ferrets an owner has and also does
it by teaspoon. The most macabre thing about this, according to the
family member, was that she seemed proud of it.

One thing that really shocked me was to see the lady throw her ferret
up and catching it on its way down. I was thinking, "Oh my god! How
risky is that? She could drop the animal". If I were a potential first
time ferret owner I would see that and think that looks like something
fun I could do with my ferret and want one only to drop the ferret on
the floor and have spinal damage.

Again, I don't mean to hate on anyone. I just believe the editors could
have done a much better job portraying us.

Something to think about.

[RA]