Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1993 01:52:07 -0500
Someone said that their ferret Toddles was getting it's butt kicked by the
others.  I didn't write down the name, but here goes.

My wife and I have 5 ferrets now.  We just bought 2 females about 6 weeks
of age. We already had a 6mo. male, a 3yr male and a 5mo. female.  The
female of these three has turned into the "mommy" of the new females while
the other males attack and drag them to other rooms in the apartment.  They
don't seem to be hurting them at all.

With our experience with ferrets, I can say that mostly this is a normal
attitude to new ferrets.  The ferrets that are originally the "masters of
the house" want to establish dominence with the new ones.  Most of the time
the fighting will decrease and eventually they'll become best friends.  The
best way to find out if the ferrets will get along with each other is if
they sleep together.  If thaey do that then, the fights aren't that serious.

This is coming from our experiences, other ferrets may act differently but,
most of the time sleeping together is a very good sign that they'll get
along.

Shane- [[log in to unmask]]