From:
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 12:15:45 -0800
>From:    Kim VanderLaan <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Thank you all!
>"Tracy" loves raisins.  How many is too many?  And how often is too often?

No more than 1 or 2 a day.  The fewer, the healthier for her just like
with candy bars for people.

>One of the things he complains about is that he can smell her when he walks
>by her cage.  [...] I bathe her once a week and change the bedding every 3
>days (as Deborah Jeans recommends).  [...]I also spray her with a ferret
>deodorant daily.  ...

Less bathing is actually better for smell reduction.  The more you bathe
actually the more she'll smell (within limits of course).  When you bathe a
ferret it dries out their skin and therefore their systems have to work
harder at producing the oils for their coats.  We recommend that you only
bathe them certainly no more than every 2-3 weeks.  It is far more important
to change their bedding and keep the cage clean every few days.  Another
important point is to clean your ferret's ears at least once a week.  A good
deal of the smell from altered ferrets comes from the ear wax build up in
their ears.  If the smell is particularly strong, you should consider the
possibility of ear mites.  We don't recommend the use of spray deodorants,
but some people like it, so to each his own.

>From:    Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Mo'Bob is famous, biting fert, Lansing show, etc.
>Lansing show: Uhmmm, could we do it again next weekend?  My car died...

That's why we missed you...  Too bad we looked forward to meeting you.

>From:    Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Eukanuba Lamb n Rice poop question?
>But, when it dries, it dries entirely differently - like there's more
>moisture content in their stools now, and less waste matter.

Too much waste means too much undigestible matter - vegetable matter in
cat/ferret foods.  We are quite impressed with Eukanuba Cat food.  We've
seen poop reduction when switching from cheap nasty foods to good quality
foods as well.

bill and diane killian

[Moderator's note: Because this FML is so large I'm holding three other
large posts from Bill and Diane for the next issue.  BIG]