From:
"Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2009 17:23:54 -0400
Our shelter again is benefiting from your donations to SOS! A true
blessing!

With all of the new arrivals to our shelter, surrenders and strays,
in the past few months, we have been unable to get all of the new
kids examined and vaccinated promptly. We have had several unexpected,
life-threatening treatments and surgeries that had to come before the
necessary examinations and vaccinations. Except for a family of four
little girls, all of the new arrivals came in without documentation
of vaccination, or confirmation of no recent medical treatment of
any kind, by their previous owners. So, they must be examined and
vaccinated before they can be presented for adoption or fostering.

SOS has sent to our veterinary office vaccinations for our new
arrivals. Our wonderful vet does not charge us a fee for examinations
and only charges for his supplies (including vaccines) and additional
services such as lab work, xrays, and other treatment. With the
donation from SOS of the distemper vaccines for our ferrets, we will
only have to provide the rabies vaccines in order to get current with
all our shelter kids! This will speed up the process considerably.

A few weeks ago, our shelter received some much needed food from
Totally Ferret - donated from SOS!

With all of the charities out there .... I know the need is great --
more so now than ever. And I know everyone is struggling out there
just trying to get by day-to-day. Trust me, I really do understand!
But if there ever was a charity totally committed to helping ferrets,
SOS is the real deal!

On behalf of all of the whiskered ones at Raisins, a big fuzzie hug
to all who contribute to SOS --- helping shelters help homeless and
rescued ferrets! And if you have not yet made a donation, perhaps you
can sometime soon .... every little bit helps and truly saves lives
of precious little ones .....

Maren Doshier
Founder/President
Raisins From Heaven