From:
Lori Barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 19:52:19 PDT
Thank you, Sukie, for posting about the shelter issue for the AFR.
Sometimes I'm too busy working on something to remember to tell people
about it!

All shelters should update their listings with the AFA immediately to be
included on this listing.  Check the list at
http://www.ferret.org/shelters.htm
or in the Jan/Feb 1999 issue of the AFR.  E-mail any changes to Matthew
Stevens, Shelter Committee Chair, at [log in to unmask]

Shelter operators who wish to submit photographs and short stories about
rescues, adoptions, and permanent shelter residents can still send these to
me at P.O. Box 61204, Potomac, MD 20859-1204.  I must have any material in
my hands by August 6, and it would be nice to be notified by e-mail to
expect it.  Express mail works fine.  E-mail is even better.  E-mailed
photos should be scanned at 300 dpi or greater (none that were scanned at
low resolution for Web sites, please).

Can you believe that it's almost holiday shopping season?  (I've received 6
catalogs in the mail this week alone!)  Special advertising rates are also
available to shelters that wish to advertise their ferret-related products
in the September/October issue.  Beat the holiday rush.  For only $10,
shelters can place a 1/4 page, camera-ready advertisement.  Payment and
advertising materials must be received by August 6.

Feel free to e-mail me any questions.  If I don't respond to your e-mail
within 8 hours, I didn't get it, so send again.

Lori Barber
Managing Editor
The American Ferret Report
www.ferret.org
E-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]