From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 12:57:29 -0400
Melissa and Potpie here,

After spending a week doing nothing but sleeping in the 'sick cage' (a
small wire cage with just enough room for a litterbox, two bowls, a
hammock, and space to curl up on the floor in towels), Noodle finally
expressed interest in the world outside.  I let him run around in the room
a bit - when i put him back, he wanted back out, which was the best sign
(to me) that he *was* actually recovering. :)  The next day I put him back
into his normal cage (large standard midwest cage) and today I retrieved
Friday from the ferret-sitter and reunited them.  Friday, of course, was
thrilled to be back and decided that her task was (obviously) to give
Noodle a good cleaning, whether he wanted to sleep or not.  The dynamic
between those two is quite funny; Friday wants to clean Noodle, often by
gnawing on his ears.  Noodle wants to sleep.  Noodle will move from hammock
to hammock to avoid Friday, Friday will follow, and eventually Noodle has
to lay down some whup-ass and much squeaking is heard.  Then everybody
sleeps.

Now, hopefully, Noodle will put on a nice full coat for winter and stop
looking like a victim of horrible neglectful abuse.  :)

Melissa

- [log in to unmask] - This is a coin hold of great beak bird style. -