From:
"Scarlett A. Gray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 20:06:16 -0500
Yey, we are legal in Columbus OH now.  And they recognize the 10 day
quarantine period.  Ferrets were legal 8/12 in Franklin County but not in
Columbus proper, Bexley or Worthington(suburbs).  I talked to Columbus Board
of Health Monday and they said the resolution was passed 11/19/97.  One more
small step in the freedom fight for our ferrets!  We are now going to work
on educating all the pet stores in hopes of keeping the rescues down.  Only
one pet store so far in Columbus has them but more will follow.  Can we hope
after Christmas?  Anyway, a club is being formed and we have hopes for a
SHOW in 1999.  Anyone interested in copies of the resolutions (Franklin Cty
and Columbus Bd of Health) can e-mail me and I will mail them a copy.  Also,
anyone in the area interested in becoming part of the new club - The Central
Ohio Ferret Association - can e-mail me also and I will add them to my
mailing list.

All my fuzz butts have been celebrating - at least that's their excuse for
ripping up one side of the room to the other.

Scarlett and all the legal Happy Dookers