From:
Dook-Woof-Dook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 08:35:10 -0400
Just something I have seen alot of, is the discussion of litter pans, and
ferrets not using them.  I get calls and emails everyday with cries of
help.  In most instances, the people are using Corner litter pans.  The
issues are always resolved (So far) with having them switch to a square
pan either by Marshalls or Super Pet.

I get ferrets in so many times, where the owner has said "My Ferret will
not use the litter pan", and they come in with a corner pan.  Poopie all
over the cage etc.  Once in our cages, which have square high back pans
either by Marshall's or Super Pet, when they can fit, the ferret never
has another issue.

Corner Pans are great for carriers and baby ferrets, that is about it.
They are cheaper to buy and yes, they take up less room, but ferrets are
very clean animals by nature and do not want to step in poodie when they
potty.  So they tend to use it one time and it is pretty much full in
their minds because they have one corner to back up into.  If you are
thinking about a new ferret, buy the high back square pans right off the
front end.  You will have much more success that way.  Of course there
are exceptions to every rule!  Hope this helps!

Marguerite
43 WONDERFUL Fuzzies looking for Permanent homes, Adopt Today!

TinyPrints Ferret Rescue PetFinder Web Page
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.petfinder.org
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Store
http://www.tinyprintsontheheart.com/onlinestore.htm
Aloha Ferrets Ebay Store