Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:40:55 EDT
Jaymi - I wanted to thank you for the coupons, abeit belately......Some of
the shelter kids insist upon Pro Plan Kitten, and it will definitely come
in handy!  ***THANK YOU!!!****

Shelter help: If you can get, or are interested in volunteering, go for it!
Some help doesn't necessarily involve cleaning cages, nail clipping, etc -
how about organizing a dinner to benefit the shelter?  Paying for
medications?  Yard sale?  Ebay auction?  Suprise a shelter near you by
doing something like this.

Other help might be with volunteering your skills to make items for the
shelter to sell, or collect coupons as Jaymi did.....Visit iGive (I think
there are at least 14 or 15 ferret shelters listed there.......including
mine), or gather the "Help Homeless Pets" coupons on the back of most Heinz
products and turn them into a shelter registered (www.homelesshomer.com -
we are there, too!  <grin>).

I have a couple of dedicated volunteers who help, and they are greatly
appreciated, but I can always use more!  <grin> I try to pay them back in
various ways, but mostly I just try to let them know how grateful I am that
they want to help.  So what if they don't do it the way that I do it, as
long as it gets done!  Shelters need volunteers - and this shelter thanks
all of you that selflessly help us keep going.  *****HATS OFF TO YOU!*****

In regards to postings that seem to be aimed only at inciting and inflaming
people - trolls only come out when you feed them.  If you ignore them, they
go away......

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID1236&MID854