Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 00:13:28 -0500
Howdy, howdy ferret people,

The following is a true story, it really happened.

I just wanted to tell you about a small incident I had with my weezils last
night.  I went out onto the balcony of my second-story apartment for some
air.  Turbo came with me.  I've let her come out plenty of times before
without problems.  She'll look over the edge, but had no desire to make a
leap for it.  This time was different.  Turbo was all wound up.  I made a
fast move and she thought it was time to play and started wardancing.
Before I could react...well you know how when weezils start wardancing they
don't really pay attention to where they are?  Yep, yo guessed it, over the
side she went.  Panic mode set in and over the railing and over the side I
went after her.  In the process I sprained my little finger, scratched my
chest, knocked the wind out of myself, and scared the bejeezus out of my
downstair neighbors.  When I got down there, I found Turbo had landed on a
bush and was unhurt.  She looked up at me.  I swear she was smirking, like
she was trying real hard not to laugh.  So I grabbed her up and went inside
upstairs only to find out that the door was locked and my keys were inside!
Luckily, the apartment manager was still there.  I tucked turbo in my shirt
and went to see the apartment manager.  She gave my bumpy, moving shirt a
funny look, but let me in my apartment.  (Ferrets aren't officiallly allowed
here, but we have an agreement: I have four small "dogs".)

The story doesn't end here, my friends.  When I finally got back into my
apartment, I found out that this whole fiasco was just a distraction.  While
I was gone, the remaining weezils got up on the computer desk and dumped a
can of pop over, luckily missing the keyboard this time (sometimes I wonder
if I'll ever learn).  They were all licking happily away.  So for the rest
of the night I had to deal with ferrets on a sugar rush.  I swear these
little fuzzy terrors are conspiring against me sometimes.

Mikey B & the Conspiring Weezils of Doom