From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 1995 18:01:55 -0700
Hi,

It's actually quite easy to miss the ag inspection when coming in on I-80
from Reno.

When you get to Truckee, get off at the last Truckee exit (there are two or
three exits).  If you miss this exit, you will be stuck going through the ag
inspection.  (Sorry I don't have a better description of what exit it is.)
Anyway, when you get off this exit, turn right (north?) to go up to the main
drag, which runs parallel to the freeway maybe 1/8 mile north of the
freeway.  As you approach that main drag, you'll see a big hardware store.
Turn left at the hardware store onto the main drag, go maybe a mile, and get
back on 80.  You will bypass the ag inspection station that way.

(Or, to be more nonchalant about it in your moving van, when you take
that exit instead of going right, go left down to the Shell station, fuel
up, get a snack at one of the nearby fast food places, then go back up to
the hardware store, the main drag, etc., and continue on your way.)

If for some reason you go through the ag station accidentally, just say
"no" when they ask if you have any fruits, vegetables, plants, soil or
pets.  They generally don't ask about pets, but probably would if you're
in a moving van.  Just in case, before leaving Reno, I'd get rid of any
fruits, vegetables, plants, or dirt that you have.  I'd also be sure that
any pet accessories (litterbox, kennel, etc.), were stowed out of sight
of anyone looking in your car.

On the extremely remote chance that some law enforcement type finds your
ferret, call William Philips and the CDFA in Healdsburg at 707-431-2277.

Also, you might consider joining the CDFA.  It's only $35/month, which
includes a FURO membership and the (quarterly?) Weasel Help Monthly.

Good Luck!
Dennis