From:
Bryan Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 11:39:49 CST
Last night was something of a bad night.  The kids were playing with more
energy, which was good.  But my-oh-my!  When I tried to leave the room, they
started grabbing on to my sweat-pants and crying!  They really didn't want
me to leave the room, so I didn't.

What I DID do was to try feeding them some Pepto-B disguised with chicken
baby food.  Well, they really didn't want to eat it, and I can hardly blame
them.  Pretty nasty stuff, that baby food.  No wonder human babies cry so
much... we ALL would, if we had to eat that stuff again.

But, being the Meanie that I am, I didn't give the kids too much of a
choice.  I tried to get them to eat it voluntarily by putting some ferretone
in it... but they saw through that ploy.  So, got a glob of the goo on my
finger, tucked Tenaka under my arm, pried his mouth open, and put the glob
on his tongue and held him there until he ate it.  This process was repeated
several times with both him and Cayanne.  Most of it ended up in the
ferrets, but plenty of it ended up ON them, the carpet, the walls, me, and
just about everything else that it COULD end up on.  Lordy, what a mess!

Once I had that all cleaned up, and let the kids play for a few hours, I
decided to try the Sustacal.  Well, that was slightly more successful, but
not by much.  The ferts had no intrinsic objections to the stuff, but
putting it in a bowl was NOT the way to go.  They would sniff the stuff, but
end up getting it on their nose, and then spattering the stuff all over the
place again.  This time, I remembered an unused Bio kit I had kept from
college.  I grabbed the eyedropper from that, grabbed Tenaka, and gave him
two droppers full of the stuff.  More was in the ferret, but again, some of
it ended up everywhere BUT the fert.

The only thing the fuzzies will take on their own is the pedialyte.  THe
stuff is in a second water bottle hung in the cage.  They split their
attentions between the water and the Pedialyte, so tht is a good thing.

I have heard both ways..  Pedialyte should be dumped quickly after opening,
or can be kept much like gatorade.  I really don't know what to believe, but
the general sentiment seems to be that it is okay to put in the bottle, so
it is there.  If anyone has any reason to believe that this is NOT a good
thing, please tell me and the bottle will be removed just as quick as I can
get to it.

Take care all, and Love, Hugs, Kisses, Raisins, and Ferretone to you and
your fuzzies!

   Bryan Hall