Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:45:09 EST
Hi,

I am having a weird problem with one of my girls.  She is 4 1/2 years old
and a few months ago, developed a swollen front paw.  The nail beds on that
paw have turned almost black in color and have been growing very slowly.
She had a cut on that paw and I could see nothing else.  It does not bother
her unless I am doing something with the paw (clipping nails, soaking it,
examining it, etc.)  She walks, runs, dances, etc. as normal.

She has seen 2 vets.  Both put her on different antibiotics (Clavamox and
Baytril) thinking that she had an infection.  No one thinks there is a
fracture.  I've also been soaking it in a Betadine solution.

Nothing has made any impact.  The paw is still swollen and the nails are
still darkened.  Now, the other front paw is beginning to have darkened
nail beds (no swelling - yet).

Any idea what may be going on??  And how to reverse it?

Thanks!!

Kim