From:
Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 12:15:52 -0400
Let me start this off by saying, Jack has already lost his extra winter
weight, so he is looking a little skinny to begin with...

I get up early this morning to do some laundry and such.  I don't let the
group out until I know I won't be running up and down from the basement.
Well, as I walk through the rec room to the basement door, heads pop up out
of the hammock - you can hear the 'hey here is mom, playtime, yahoo', and
then as I go by, the 'wait a minute she walked past us, what in the name of
dirty socks and bags of raisins is going on'.  This happened a few times,
and I could almost hear the conspiring.  So, I was feeling guilty about not
letting them out at their normal time, so I went over to hand out raisins.
They were all piled into one hammock (5 ferrets, the old man sleeps alone).
At the bottom of the pile was Jack, with his head hanging over the side
where it came to rest after everyone climbed over him to get out.  He did
not look like he was breathing and because he had lost his winter weight,
his side looked almost caved in (like a dead animal).  My heart dropped
into my stomach, I opened the door, reached out to him, could not feel his
chest moving, picked him up, completely limp.  I laid him back in the
hammock, let everyone else out and went to get a towel to wrap him up in.
With tears in my eyes, I came back, picked him up again and he almost
jumped out of my hands as if to say, gotcha.... He raced off with the other
ferrets and then everyone stopped to look at me and I swear they were
laughing.....

So this is why I hate my ferrets....... okay not really, but boy did I want
to tie Jack's whiskers into knots!!!!!

Hugs to everyone and their rotten conspiring little furballs!

Jen and Gang