From:
Kristen Thelander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 02:24:06 -0500
Well, we let Emily tell you in her own words about her trip to the vet; she
was very good and we are happy because she is perfectly healthy.

I just wanted to comment on ferrets portrayed on tv or movies; I forget who
brought up the ferret in "Kindergarten Cop" but I agreed that it was not
exactly a good thing that the ferret bit the bad guy, but I think it was
good to show the ferret surrounded by younger children and how friendly it
was for people who are afraid of ferrets around children.  I definitely feel
that kids should be supervised with playing with any animal, but I was glad
to see the ferret had an overall positive image in the film.

Ferrets are very rarely included in tv or movies; the only other times I
have seen them were on an old episode of "Full House" in which the ferret
was portrayed more of a pest than a pet.  I also find it strange that since
the show is based in San Francisco, why they came up with the idea to use an
illegal ferret in the show.  (Perhaps to demonstrate their view that ferrets
are annoying pests) :( I also remember seeing a ferret as a docile domestic
pet in the movie "Legends of the Fall" where the ferret is sitting at the
dinner table with Isabelle 2 (a child).  I'd be interested to know if anyone
else has seen a ferret on tv or in a movie and how it is portrayed.  Their
portrayal on tv and movies directly influences non-ferret owners as to their
nature and character.  It is our job as ferret owners to educate the public
on just how gentle and lovable these fuzzly wuzzlies are!!

Dooks to all,

Kristen and Chris (human authority figures)
Casey and Emily (we're really not that bad!!) :)  :)