From:
Greta Hoisington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:54:51 EST
Hi All!
After reading Wolfy's post concerning the discipline of stubborn deaf
ferrets, an experience I once had came to mind.  My sweet little dew
girl, Nada, is deaf and a real matriarch.  She rules my business with
a firm and bossy hand, but also with loving concern for her cagemates.

One evening at bedtime, I went into the bedroom to gather my babies up
for night time caging.  Nada popped out from under my desk, looked at me
and then disappeared under the furniture again.  Her little head kept
peeping out at me in defiance.  (Naaaa naaaaa naaaaa, you can't get me!)
Then TT wandered over to me; I picked him up and began cuddling him,
telling him what a good boy he was.  I felt something fuzzy against my
leg, looked down and there was Nada, demanding her position as No. 1
ferret be respected, as she should be first to be cuddled.  This happened
quite by accident, but it made me realize that in order to conquer the
playful ferret spirit, one has to out think them.  I picked up my little
girl, sandwiched her between TT and Cinco and off to the cage we went to
the tune of my raspy voice singing 'Rock-a-bye Baby.'

Cordially,
Greta Hoisington